- Outstanding scientific expertise and consultancy
- Innovative in-house diet-induced animal models
- Gold-standard methods to evaluate kidney fonction and pathology: Glomerular Filtration Rate measurement using FITC-inulin and FITC-sinistrin i.v. injection, albumin/creatinine ratio, histopathology (glomerulosclerosis, inflammation, fibrosis)
- Dedicated research platform to evaluate the proof of efficacy of your compounds in Diabetic Nephropathy
- Customized research solutions to target your needs
Animal Experimental Models for Diabetic Nephropathy
To validate your drug’s efficacy, Physiogenex provides two innovative models of diabetic nephropathy: the db/db mouse on high protein diet and the Unx/salt supplemented SDT fatty rats model.
Both models have been awarded at the 16th World Congress of Insulin Resistance, Diabetes and CardioVascular Disease in 2018 – see the poster
0.3% salt supplemented / uni-nephrectomized SDT fatty rat – a 10-week rat model of diabetic nephropathy and GFR decline
In-house model: the SDT fatty rat model, developed in partnership with CLEA Japan Inc., is totally devoted to diabetic nephropathy and enables evaluating compounds on GFR decline in only 10 weeks.
Although developed recently, this novel rat model has been already presented in many first-in class international meeting on nephrology – see the last model update presented at the Kidney week 2017
The db/db mouse fed a high protein diet: a fast 4-week mouse model of diabetic nephropathy and glomerular hyperfiltration
Physiogenex has recently launched a fast (only 4 weeks) and unique db/db mouse model fed a high protein diet (know to accelerate kidney disorders) for diabetic nephropathy to evaluate drug efficacy on kidney function and pathological features – see our poster presented at the Kidney Week 2018
For more information about our animal models of diabetic nephropathy, please contact us