OBESITY – INSULIN RESISTANCE – DIABETES PRECLINICAL CRO SERVICES
Our common goal with our clients is to tackle the worldwide obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemic. Physiogenex offers preclinical CRO services using innovative and benchmarked animal models of obesity, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Along with these services, our clients take advantage of our great experience and consultancy expertise to optimize and accelerate their drug development programs.
Our clients benefit from our experts capabilities, which include classical in vivo test experiments (OGTT, ITT) and our innovative and gold standard radio-tracer based experiments: euglycemic – hyperglycemic – hyperinsulinemic clamp with 3H-glucose (for glucose turnover, hepatic glucose production, etc.) and 14C-2-deoxyglucose (glucose tissue uptake in muscle, adipose fat pads, etc.).
Our integrative approach provides mechanistic understanding of your drug candidates’ efficacy for better translation to the clinical setting.
In vivo disease models for obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes
Preclinical CRO Services for obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes
Ex vivo screening
- Muscles/adipocytes ex vivo glucose uptake
- Muscles/adipocytes ex vivo FFA oxydation
- Adipocytes ex vivo lipolysis
All our ex vivo assays
In vivo drug efficacy experiments
- Glucose and insulin tolerance test
- Hyperinsulinemic euglycemic/hyperglycemic clamps with 3H-glucose (hepatic glucose production, turnover, glycolysis, etc.) and 14C-2-deoxyglucose (glucose uptake)
- In vivo individual tissue glucose uptake
- Lipid tolerance test
- Lipogenesis in vivo with 3H2O or 14C-acetate
in vivo studies
In vivo services
- Body weight food/water intake, organs collection, weight and fixation (fat pads, liver, etc.), blood collection and tissue dissection
- Cardiometabolic parameters (echocardiography)
- Indirect calorimetry (energy expenditure), Echo MRI (body composition)
in vivo studies
Biochemistry assays and histology
- Standard hormones (insulin, glucagon, adiponectin, leptin, etc.)
- Inflammation (plasma cytokines)
- Tissue analysis (lipids, gene and protein expression)
- Histology, immunohistology and histopathological scoring
biochemical assays and histology analysis
Our major scientific publications on obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes:
- Sulpice T, Prunet-Marcassus B, Molveaux C, Cani PD, Vitte PA, Graber P, Dreano M, Burcelin R. “An adiponectin-like molecule with antidiabetic properties”. Endocrinology. 2009. Oct;150(10):4493-501. doi: 10.1210/en.2008-1768. Epub 2009. Jul 16. PubMed PMID: 19608652.
- Issandou M, Bouillot A, Brusq JM, Forest MC, Grillot D, Guillard R, Martin S, Michiels C, Sulpice T, Daugan A.“Pharmacological inhibition of stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 improves insulin sensitivity in insulin-resistant rat models.” Eur J Pharmacol. 2009 Sep 15;618(1-3):28-36. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2009.07.004. Epub 2009 Jul 17. PubMed PMID: 19616540.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION