hepatic VLDL-TG production test
- In-house validated technique.
- Impact of your compound on hepatic VLDL-TG production, an index of hepatic lipogenesis: determine whether increased fasting or fed circulating triglyceride levels come from increased hepatic production or from reduced clearance.
- In vivo insights into your compound’s efficacy on cardiovascular parameters: VLDL-TG production by the liver is involved in the abnormal lipoprotein profile.
- Suitable for large-scale screening purposes in vivo (20-30 compounds/week).
description and parameters
This technique is extremely useful for compounds designed to treat type 2 diabetes cardiovascular complications and/or dyslipidemia due to excessive hepatic lipogenesis.
- Whole body FFA turnover measurement to determine your compound’s in vivo efficacy on lipoprotein metabolism.