whole body glucose turnover
- Sensitivity (15%) sufficient to detect a statistically significant impact of your compound on glucose metabolism: a lack of significant results in blood glucose assays does not imply your drug compound doesn’t improve glucose turnover.
- Essential and robust data for your records: isotopic glucose enrichment provides unique insights into whole-body glucose metabolism (glucose turnover, glycolysis and glycogen synthesis).
description and parameters
Glucose turnover using radiolabeled tracers is invaluable for assessing whole body glucose metabolism in vivo.
- Glucose fluxes
- Glucose turnover (= hepatic glucose production)
- Whole-body glycolysis rate
- Whole-body glycogen synthesis
- Glucose clearance rate
- Individual tissue glucose uptake assay to identify specific tissues targeted by your compound, and to identify unexpected adverse effects or additional tissue-specific benefits.
- Euglycemic hyperinsulinemic clamp + 3H-glucose in the insulin-stimulated state to profile your compound’s efficacy on Insulin sensitivity
- FFA turnover in basal conditions to complete your compound’s lipid profiling.