in vivo individual tissue glucose uptake
- In-house validated technique
- Information for stratifying future patient populations, with the effect of your compounds on specific tissues.
- Insights for devising ex vivo tissue assays for screening your hit compounds.
- Identifying additional in vivo effects in specific tissues that would not have been seen in any other type of experiment.
- Anticipating adverse effects on major tissues: brain, heart, muscle and adipose tissue.
description and parameters
The individual tissue technique using radiotracers provides critical information on additional tissue-specific benefits as well as unwanted effects on key tissues, for rapid strategic decision-making.
- Muscle glucose uptake: Extensor digitorium longus (EDL), Vastus lateralis (VL), Soleus (SOL),…
- White adipose tissue (WAT) glucose uptake: subcutaneous, visceral
- Organ glucose uptake: brain, heart and brown adipose tissues (BAT)
- Free faty acid turnover with specific emphasis on individual tissue FFA storage rate, yielding a whole body tissue-by-tissue overview of the effect of your compound on lipotoxicity.