hdl / LDL-cholesterol turnover
- Directly detect a beneficial effects of your compound on HDL/LDL-cholesterol metabolism and HDL/LDL-derived cholesterol fecal excretion.
- Direct mechanisms targeted by your compound: how your compound modulates HDL/LDL-cholesterol levels.
- Essential and robust data to demonstrate that your compound promotes HDL/LDL-derived cholesterol fecal excretion and has therefore the potential to prevent atherosclerosis.
Description and parameters
HDL/LDL-cholesterol turnover using radioactive labeled tracers is a direct approach to evaluate drugs affecting HDL/LDL metabolism and reverse cholesterol transport.
- Torcetrapib, Anacetrapib (CETP inhibitor)
- LXR agonist
- Plasma total cholesterol, HDL/LDL-cholesterol and HDL/LDL-c/TC ratio
- HDL/LDL-CE kinetic parameters: catabolism (fractional catabolic rate (FCR)) and production (absolute production rate (APR))
- HDL/LDL-derived cholesterol fecal excretion: ³H-tracer recovered in fecal free sterols and bile acids
- Macrophage to feces reverse cholesterol transport
- Biochemical analysis: plasma lipids, HDL-c, LDL-c, lipoprotein profiles, transfer protein activity assays (CETP, PLTP), etc.